23 Jul What Are Air Core Transformers?
Air core transformers are primary transformers used in various types of electronic communications devices, and other small electronic applications like radio transmission. As the name suggests, these transformers have no solid core, which makes them very light in weight, thus making them ideal for small-sized portable electronic devices.
What makes air core transformers different from other types of transformers is that its functioning is based on the induction between two magnetically linked coils or windings. Both the primary and secondary winding coils are constructed from insulated copper wire, wound on a non-magnetizing surface like cardboard or plastic tube; unlike the iron or ferromagnetic cores used in other types of transformers. Also, air core transformers create flux using the windings and the air passing through them, unlike other transformers that use their cores to create flux. This helps air core transformers to have zero distortion, zero dissipation of signal quality, and noise-free operation. In addition, there are zero losses in terms of hysteresis and eddy currents.
Which are the different types of air core transformers?
Generally, there are two forms of air core transformers used in electronic applications –
- Cylindrical Air Core Transformers – In this type of transformer, the insulated copper wires are wound on a cylindrical hollow non-metallic structure, which provides mechanical support to the windings. The primary copper coils are tapped at certain places, while the secondary windings are wound across the taps. Both the hollow cylinder and taps allow the flux to flow through the air within the cylinder, while also encapsulating the winding.
- Toroidal Air Core Transformers – In this type of transformer, insulated copper wires are wound around a non-metallic ring made from tough plastic. Each coil winding is utilized separately, which ensures minimal effect of stray couplings, making toroidal air core transformers ideal for applications consisting of high frequencies. Within such transformers, the primary to secondary winding ratio varies, depending upon the operation type and change in frequency.
How are air core transformers maintained?
It is important that air core transformers are maintained. To maintain these transformers, and enhance their performance, a guard winding is wound around the primary copper winding, which allows for effective impedance matching. This winding is also connected to antenna receivers to improve the transformer’s operation. Alternatively, a capacitor can be connected to the winding, which helps it to maintain a constant resonance of the tuning circuit and improve the performance of the transformer.
To get the best air core transformers and inductors for your applications, you can get in touch with Miracle Aerospace, one of the leading air core inductor manufacturers in India. These inductors are well-suited for use in switch mode power supplies, and are ideal for any application that requires high performance. Here, you can also get the best of services including magnetic wire winding, automatic CNC winding, automatic toroidal hook and shuttle winding machines, metal and plastic fabrication, casting and potting, impregnation, rapid prototyping, 3D printing, 3D CAD modeling, and much more.
- online casino india
- best online casino in india
- best online casino india
- online casino india real money
- online casino in india
- online casino games in india
- online casino games india
- online casino real money india
- best casino in india online
- online casino games for real money
- casino in india online
- casino games india
- best casino in india
- online casino game real money
- casino india online
- crazy time casino india
- casino online india
- online casino play for real money
- casino games in india
- best online live casino india